NEWS: Update

Antworten
PELCKI
Space Marshal
NEWS: Update

Beitrag von PELCKI »

Die neuste Nachrichten aus dem Star Citizen Universum. Vieleicht bist sogar du mal im Rampenlicht!
[align=center]Bild You do not win battles with weapons, you win them with your mind Backer Subscriber Space Marshal Concierge[/align][align=center]>>2942: Planlos im All<<[/align][align=center]STAR-D79W-WTQG[/align]
PELCKI
Space Marshal
Re: NEWS: Update

Beitrag von PELCKI »

OP.NET MERC NEWS

START TRANSMISSION >

Hey gunslingers. Sabine “Mixer” Murillo here, bringing you the straight feed. OP.NET is live and here for you working operators. We have to say that we are not affiliated with Crosshair or the Mercenary Guild, otherwise they’ll flip their scrim …

Sorry, um, yeah, we’ve got a show for you today. Of course, we do, right? That’s what you’re listening to. Got Skiv coming by later with an in-depth look at A&R’s Omnisky line of cannons and what’s coming down the pipe … so that’ll happen …

Job Board. Let’s get to that.

Charon System. Been told that armistice talks between the States of Acheron and Dellin on Charon III have broken down and seems like both sides are gearing up for war. We’ll have to see if the UEE decides to arbitrate, but I’m guessing there’ll be some jobs opening up there soon …

I’m sorry.

I gotta take a minute and get something off my chest. I got a comm right before we went live. Old buddy of mine from the 185th got in touch. Hadn’t spoken to Cuchillo in, I don’t know, seven years? Eight, maybe. Anyway, sent me a comm after all this time. There was another kid in our flight named Stephen Ganz. He was from some cluster-farm in Goss and a believer. Down to the core. If you put any kind of authority or certainty in your voice, you could make him believe anything you told him. Wasn’t because he was dumb. I don’t know why, but I think he just wanted to believe you. Anyway, everyone in the squadron used to exploit the hell out of it. XO christened him Doormat to the pilots, but he always took it with a smile, even after people would inevitably tell him the truth.

Doormat, Cuchillo and myself all got out around the same time and we stayed in touch on the regular for a bit. Then, very slowly, it became less regular. No reason for it neither, he just became one of those people that always seemed close until you realized he wasn’t anymore.

Last I’d heard, Doormat was having a tough time making a go of it in the normal. I remember meaning to give him a comm or stop by, but times were tight for me too and I kept putting it off.

So … long story short, I guess Stephen Ganz was killed a few days ago on Prime.

Cuchillo said last time he saw Doormat he was doing low-rent hauling runs for scraps, living in a squat somewhere in the Blocks and sharing a bathroom with thirty people in his quad. He’d gotten hooked and kicked WiDoW three times, been married and split twice, but he was still that goofy kid, believing that things were gonna turn his way. All he had to do was make it until then.

They found his body on a landing platform. Three shots to the back. Some Police Academy grad assigned to the case thought it was a cargo transfer gone bad. Maybe it was a scam or just some stupid thugs weaseling out of paying for their haul shot my friend and stuffed him between two StorAlls like a piece of trash.

My friend, who put his ship in front of incoming fire to save Retro during a moon battle in Oya.

My friend, who used to straighten peoples’ sheets before inspection.

My friend, who, despite everything, saw the best in the worst.

You didn’t deserve to check out like this.

So I just want to say to Stephen Ganz, who I let slip in life, I won’t forget you in death.

And I’ll find who did this.

Please believe that.

In fact …

I quit.
TRANSMISSION BREAK

Original: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -MERC-NEWS
[align=center]Bild You do not win battles with weapons, you win them with your mind Backer Subscriber Space Marshal Concierge[/align][align=center]>>2942: Planlos im All<<[/align][align=center]STAR-D79W-WTQG[/align]
PELCKI
Space Marshal

Beitrag von PELCKI »

THIS DAY IN HISTORY
JUNE 24, 2610 SET

The Battle for Centauri

Decimated at the end of their first Human war, the Tevarin military was scattered to the far corners of the universe, their homeworld, Elysium IV, was conquered for Human settlement, and war hero Ivar Messer was granted a position as the UPE’s inaugural (and final) First Citizen. Humanity, confident in their absolute victory, considered the Tevarin threat completely neutralized. They were wrong.

February 15, 2603 SET, a massive battle fleet entered the Fora System through a previously unknown jump point. Broadcasting on all frequencies, Corath’Thal, the new Tevarin Warlord, made his demands known. The Tevarin had returned to retake Elysium IV. Either the UEE could stand aside or Corath’Thal would burn a path to his ancestral home.

There were some in Congress who, hesitant to enter into another war, counseled for the concession of the planet, stating that the Tevarin’s plight was a sympathetic one. However, all debate was ended when the Imperator ordered a full attack. There would be no ceding UEE territory. The Second Tevarin War had begun.

In those first few battles, the military severely underestimated the Tevarin’s abilities. Expecting to fight against a similar show of force to what they had faced previously, the UEE’s initial losses were heavy. Corath’Thal had used the Tevarin’s time in the Fringe well, updating their technology through heavy trading with other species and reconfiguring their military strategy to take full advantage of the lessons learned from their prior defeat. Under his command, the Tevarin slowly forged through system after system. The UEE Navy, even in victory, was unable to force the invaders to retreat. Eventually, after seven long years of protracted fighting, the war had wound its way to the Centauri System, just one jump away from the Tevarin’s homeworld.

Repeated attempts had proven that direct attacks against the Tevarin fleet were in vain. Though the UEE had superior numbers, the Tevarin flew in a unique phalanx formation that relied on heavy shield-generating ships to present a near impregnable front. If they were going to be stopped, it was going to take more than brute firepower this time.

The UEE Navy set up the bulk of their forces around the Centauri-Elysium jump point, knowing that it was Corath’Thal’s main target, but the Warlord denied the UEE the chance to have an entrenched battle. He instead split his forces to strafe the populated city centers on Yar and Saisei. Taking severe civilian losses, the Navy maneuvered most of its carriers to stem the tide of the attack, while leaving a small contingent behind to continue to protect the jump. The decision to leave one carrier behind in particular, the UEES Countenance, is often cited by historians as the pivotal turning point in the Battle for Centauri. Why the Countenance was chosen and not some other vessel has been the subject of numerous academic debates, but one thing is certain, the fact that it was home to the then little-known Squadron 42 did not factor into the choice.

Squadron 42 was what was known as, in the military parlance of the time, a ‘keel squad.’ Founded during the First Tevarin War, it was designated as a disciplinary unit to handle problematic pilots. While often disruptive and not dependable, these highly trained starmen represented significant investments of the Navy’s time and credits, and were deemed too valuable, especially in the middle of a war, to simply lock up or discharge while they were still able to fly. Whereas in previous centuries they would have been keelhauled for their transgressions, they were instead assigned to Squadron 42 and charged with missions ‘too lowly’ for average pilots. While the squad had flown in many battles, they did so without distinction, often at the periphery of the fight. It wasn’t until the Battle for Centauri, when the squadron was under the command of the legendary Captain Alexandra Dunlevy, that the Squadron 42 we know today began to take shape.

Captain Dunlevy, a promising officer with a keen analytical mind, had been assigned to Squadron 42 after being found guilty of insubordination for calling her former commander’s attack plan “stupid.” At first, Captain Dunlevy tried running her new squadron as she would any other, but when what should have been simple supply runs kept taking twice as long as allotted due to infighting and hot-dogging, she realized that another approach was required. The problem wasn’t in their flight skills. She noted in her early reports that often these pilots were some of the best she had ever seen. However, the snap decision-making and self-confidence that made them great pilots often resulted in a resistance towards the Navy’s traditional command structure. More often than not, this attitude was what got them assigned to Squadron 42 in the first place. Determined to turn her squad around, Captain Dunlevy tried an experiment where, rather than outlining a specific flight path and mission plan for her pilots, she simply told them where the pickup point was. The experiment proved a success when the supply run finished hours earlier than her best estimates. Captain Dunlevy’s suspicions were confirmed; Squadron 42 could do anything you asked, as long as you didn’t care how they did it. Now all she had to do was convince Admiral Fraser how valuable her squad could really be. The opportunity presented itself soon after the attacks on Yar and Saisei had begun.

It was clear that the Tevarin were using the planetary attacks as a diversion in order to force the Navy to focus on defending the populace. The Countenance and other carriers left to defend the jump point aligned themselves directly in the Tevarin’s path, establishing a firing wall in preparation for the inevitable charge. Captain Dunlevy had seen this strategy before and knew that while it would possibly hold the Tevarin back long enough for the reinforcements to return, there would be a high number of casualties suffered by the Human forces while the Tevarin shield line would protect its own vessels from much of the damage. The result would be another stalemate, and the war would continue. Captain Dunlevy believed there was a better strategy: give up the jump point.

In an interview shortly before his death, Admiral Fraser was asked why he had gone along with Captain Dunlevy’s plan. After a moment’s consideration he replied simply, “I was tired.”

As Corath’Thal approached the jump point with his fleet, the carriers slowly gave way beneath the Tevarin barrage. Their long-sought goal finally in sight, Corath’Thal ordered the fleet through to Elysium. Since the jump point was not wide enough to accommodate the full Tevarin flotilla at once, they were required to stretch out their normal defensive formation as they neared the opening. Just as the first Tevarin ship was about to go through the jump, Squadron 42 powered up and began their attack.

Captain Dunlevy and the rest of her pilots had been floating dead in their Retaliators, hiding amongst the debris and waiting for the Tevarin ships to surround them. Her simple order? Take out the shields. With the Tevarin fleet’s protection weakened by their attempting to enter the jump point, Squadron 42 was able to exploit a lethal chink in their enemy’s armor. The Tevarin were quick to send out fighters to deal with the foe suddenly in their midst, but the damage was already done. Squadron 42, in those few moments, managed to do what no one else in seven years of war had accomplished. With a significant portion of the Tevarin defensive capabilities now disabled, the UEE carriers renewed their attack in earnest, raining destruction upon the enemy that had plagued them for so long.

Though Corath’Thal managed to escape through the jump with a handful of ships, the Battle of Centauri had sounded the death knell for the Tevarin armada and paved the way for the final victory at Elysium IV. Captain Dunlevy and her fearless Squadron 42 received commendations from the Imperator himself, beginning their transformation into the most renowned squadron in military history.
PELCKI
Space Marshal

Beitrag von PELCKI »

The Observist: Area18, Arc corp, Stanton

Greetings, traveler, there are millions of sights to see in the universe. The team at THE OBSERVIST is here to make sure you get the best traveling experience possible.

Stanton System. The name itself tends to evoke a variety of reactions. Discovered by Toshi Aaron, many speculated that the system, with its massive SuperEarths, could provide cheaper real estate for millions. The UEE had other plans. Thirty-one years after the inception of Project Archangel or, as it is more commonly known, the Synthworld, the government was hemorrhaging credits and needed a monetary infusion.

As they terraformed the worlds in Stanton, they began fielding offers from the largest MegaCorps in the Empire, essentially putting the worlds up for sale. Wasn’t long before they had some buyers. The Empire had their money and history had its first Business Planets.
ARCCORP

The third planet in Stanton carries an ironic distinction with it. The planet was sold to fund the Synthworld, yet the planet has been transformed into, at least on the surface, a synthetic world. Taking a page from the Xi’An approach to geoplanning, ArcCorp sculpted, zoned and built upon the primary landmasses to maximize their earning potential. They will rent office, factory or production space to anyone who has the Credits to pay.

Even though an overwhelming portion is covered in the unending Sprawl, there are only a handful of places to land for travelers making their way through the system. Of those, one has become the most trafficked:
INTRODUCING AREA18

Here at THE OBSERVIST, we’d normally start our segments by describing the approach in the hopes of igniting your imagination about why this spot is the place to land on the surface.

We can’t really do that here. Area18 is just another spot in the Sprawl. One of the few that happens to be cleared for interplanetary traffic. Sure, a vista of architecture expanding as far as the eye can see is still pretty spectacular, but you have to land here because … well, you don’t have a choice.

You do get a nice view of the ArcCorp headquarters … so that’s something, I guess.

Of course, you could go check out any number of familiar stores: CenterMass, Abernathy Interiors, Dumper’s Depot, Casaba, et cetera, et cetera, but we know you want the real dig about Area18.

LANDING CONTROL will guide you down to the surface. Once you get out of your ship, however, there’s just one more stop before things get interesting.

Customs is never fun. Period. So swing by the ArcCorp Bar to get your head right to appreciate what’s to come. We’re not talking about the drinks either; we found LEV CRONENBERG, patron and co-owner (seemingly in that order). After a career in Vanduul and Xi’An theaters, he bought a share of the spot with his retirement money and has been having a blast ever since.

A fair bit of warning though, security is taken very seriously on the surface. ArcCorp has enlisted (notorious) private security firm BlackJack Securities to maintain the peace. LT MICHAEL CALLUM is the security rep in charge of Area18. Here’s a piece of advice, if you’re having problems, make the trek to the ADVOCACY OFFICE instead.

CUBBY BLAST has all the hallmarks of a basic weapons shop: inventory on display, options to install purchases on your ship, the occasional sale, but it’s the man behind the register who sets this store apart from the pack. A Cathcart expatriate, CLOR VEE brings a seemingly inexhaustible knowledge of his wares along with a hint of danger, as we’re sure that his familiarity comes from personal experience.

Upshot is, ArcCorp is a sight to see. This epic fever dream of industry on a planetary scale is something that you won’t find anywhere else in Human space.

Of course, we could talk about it all day, but it’s really something you need to observe for yourself.
PELCKI
Space Marshal

Beitrag von PELCKI »

Tracker run for the Border

Today my friends, is a good day to hunt. I’m Garret Coliga. Welcome back to TRACKER, your official Guild guide to the world of bounty hunting. Today’s latest news, tech and tips are brought to you by our sponsor Talisman. Their new granular mesh plating provides lightweight E-rated stopping power you can depend on every time. Honestly folks, they make some good armor. If you stop by a showroom, make sure to mention that Garret sent you for a special TRACKER discount. Talisman, takes the hits.

People, have I got a HotSheet for you today. I cannot remember the last time I was this excited about a fugitive. In fact, I’m gonna just go ahead and call it: this is a hot HotSheet.

First up though, an old Guild favorite, Randle Conk. Same M.O. as usual. He jacked a ship, gave the Advocacy the slip, and is out there waiting for one of you skilled folks to cash in. The main difference worth noting this time around is old Randle boosted himself a 350r. That’s right, he’s going to make you work for those credits. For those of you who haven’t tangled with Randle yet and are wondering why the ship he stole makes such a big differences, let me just fill you in on the little fact that Randle has placed 5th and 3rd the two times he raced the Murray Cup. He is fast and he is good. A 350r in the hands of Randle is like a knife in the hands of a Vanduul. Basically, good luck. His last reported location was near Davien II.

For hunters interested in sinking their teeth into something slightly meatier, there’s a contract out on a Squig Bently. Squig earned his rep as a black market trader, but it seems he may have moved on to corporate espionage. Shubin has posted the rather high bounty themselves for the theft of trade secrets. No clues as to his current whereabouts, but if you’re looking for approach tips, start by looking in the worst bar you can find and, if you spot him, try to remember to stay upwind.

Which brings us to the big one. A juicy ole bounty posted by Nebula Bank. This, folks, is something new. The target, Adrina Flanders, is on the run for taking money out of her very own bank account. How can there be a bounty on her for that? While true that there is nothing illegal about taking money out of your own bank account, the issue here lies with how many times she did it.

Allegedly, Adrina walked into the Nebula Bank Shanghai branch on Earth right as it opened, shut down her account, and withdrew the full amount in Imperial Credits. She must have had a fast ship waiting, cause only a little while later she’s the first in line at a Nebula Bank in the Croshaw system doing the same thing. Thing was, the data from the Sol branch was still working its way through the jump thanks to some ill-timed communication satellite maintenance. Either she was lucky, or someone tipped her off to the repair schedule, but either way, the Croshaw bank had no idea that when they gave Adrina the full amount that was supposedly in her account, they were handing over money that was no longer hers. The farther away from Sol she got, the slower the info moved. Fast forward six systems later and Adrina is still withdrawing that same money from her account, all while managing to be one step ahead of the Advocacy fleet that is blazing its way towards her.

It seems that while there are plenty of protocols in place to protect against data-lag fraud, no one considered the possibility of a single individual successfully pulling this kind of run on a personal account. It’s safe to bet that in the next few days we will be seeing all sorts of new regulations to correct this oversight. Now, I want to take just a moment to point out the planning and the skill involved with this heist: coordinating refueling stops, charting jump points, timing info loads. This is a six-system bank job we’re talking about. If that’s not a record, it’s got to be damn close. When Miss Flanders finishes serving her time at QuarterDeck, I wouldn’t be surprised if FTL offered her a courier job.

Now, hopefully any respectable bounty hunter at this point is thinking that finding her shouldn’t be that hard. UEE funds are fully traceable so there’s no way she’d be able to disappear with that kind of credit haul on hand. Well never fear, Nebula Bank does indeed know where all its money is. Safely in the hands of some very innocent-seeming Banu traders. It appears that Miss Flanders had set up, well in advance, a major purchase of goods. She flew into the Banshee system, made the trade, and was on her way into Banu space just as the Advocacy arrived. Their pursuit of course stopped there since UEE agents are barred from chasing fugitives into the Banu Protectorate. On top of that, because the Banu made their side of the trade in good faith, it’s going to take some tricky diplomacy for Nebula to get their creds back. Either way, one thing is for certain, Nebula Bank is very eager to see Adrina Flanders come to justice.

And that is today’s HotSheet. Remember to consult your local Guild or Law Enforcement office for a complete list of available bounties and double-check any bounty before confronting a fugitive, as bounties may have been cleared. All cases must be performed by licensed Guild Members in good standing.

Now for today’s more in-depth look, I thought it would be a perfect time to refresh everyone on the DOs and DON’Ts on pursuing a fugitive that has entered Banu space. We have the Guild’s resident Banu expert, Dom Salange, on hand along with UEE Assistant Diplomatic Liaison, Hendrick Talbert, to answer any question you might have. It should be informative all around. We’re going to take a quick break for some brief messages from our sponsors. So stick around if you can. If you can’t, you take care and watch your back.
TRANSCRIPT BREAK

Übersetzung von mir:
http://independent.systems/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=392
PELCKI
Space Marshal

Beitrag von PELCKI »

TERRA GAZETTE: No more words

NO MORE WORDS
Editorial

By Ennis Sobotka
Contributor

I find myself at a loss. In my thirty-two years as a journalist, I’ve worked all sorts of environments: the abandoned squatter camps in Ferron, embedded on the front in Charon for two years, even QuarterDeck for an ultimately unused story about parole policies. I’ve tried to find the situations where the Human spirit is challenged, because those feel like the moments that can really define us as a species in both positive and negative ways.

Last week, I saw something that left me speechless. It’s taken all this time to try to wrap my head around the stunning inhumanity of what I witnessed.

I was returning home from my cousin’s wedding in Kilian. The flight had been pretty routine for most of the trip except for the fact that I had eaten a bit too much at the reception and was fighting off a food coma. Shortly after entering Terra system, I noticed a cluster of ships chasing another far off the traffic lanes, past the orbital path of Gen. Curious to a fault and no real reason to rush home, I went to take a look.

As I got closer, I saw it was local police chasing a transport ship that was proving to be a lot more nimble than it looked. The suspect ship had a large external cargo container. It evaded the sporadic weapon-fire from the police, twisting until it found the ideal moment to kick its burners and make a dash away. It seemed like they were making a break out of system.

The move caught the police totally off-guard and for a second it seemed like the offender was sure to escape. That was until the police backup showed up. I hadn’t even noticed them. They had kept their signature low enough to get close.

The fleeing transport realized at the last moment too. Now their options were running pretty low. I had almost dismissed the entire situation, figuring they would be in custody soon, when they ejected their cargo container and did another push for the jump point.

The container was rapidly bleeding some kind of gas or something, causing the police to pause momentarily.

Two of the police ships quickly established a perimeter around the container, which was still tumbling erratically due to the stream of gas, while the rest continued after the suspect. After a few minutes, the cargo box ran out of gas and slowly spun on the last trajectory of propellant. Shortly after, the group of police ships that had pursued the suspect, came back empty-handed.

I could see the police run all sorts of scans on the box. Finally, they just waited for a towship to arrive and tug the container back to a platform for examination. Fortunately, thanks to a previous assignment on the local crime beat, I had a handful of good contacts within the Terra System Police and Advocacy. I made a couple quick comms and was down on the platform by the time they finished sweeping it for explosives.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn’t been. They cracked the lock and opened the cargo container. Inside, there were rows of stacked crates. Each one had a person inside it, kept in some kind of induced coma, but they were all dead now. Then I realized that the gas escaping once the suspect ejected the pod was the oxygen. The slaver was giving the police a choice: catch me or save sixteen lives.

I felt sick. One of the cops gave me a cup of water. She said it’s called a Dump’n’Jump. It’s a fairly common tactic with a certain breed of slaver.

It didn’t help. The knowledge that this room of police regarded the incident as ‘something that happens’ made it worse. I get that most law enforcement need to have an emotional detachment to handle the things they deal with, but this … the fact that there’s a trick to escape by capitalizing off of basic human decency is appalling.

I watched as the corpses were extracted from the container. Some had identities — a runaway from Prime, a thief from Corel — but some didn’t. A group of children won’t get to be buried with a name.

Trafficking will always be a vile source of revenue as long as people are willing to pay to own another sentient. Many have just accepted this, but I think we are wrong.

We should never accept this. It’s time to take a stand and stop this insanity: our government, law enforcement and military need to get angry and act on it. We need better scanning techs, and heavier penalties for traffickers and the corrupt officials who facilitate them. We need to do better. Just because the children in those coffins died without an identity doesn’t mean they don’t deserve justice. They deserve it more.

Otherwise, how can we call ourselves civilized?
PELCKI
Space Marshal

Beitrag von PELCKI »

Showdown: Tertius/Quickfire
SHOWDOWN!
Auto-Transcript for S&P and NFSC Submission
EP: 57:62 : “Tertius/Quickfire”

ERIA QUINT: Welcome back to Showdown! I’d like to thank Dr. Erin Tertius for stopping by. Again, her new book is available now through all major systems and the new season of Dangerous Exploring starts in September SET. Now it’s time for Quickfire, where we do a rapid exchange about the events currently capturing the Empire’s attention. I’d like to welcome a couple of our favorite duelists, Jared Ross from the Terra Gazette and Liam Hollister from Political Action First.

JARED ROSS: Hi, Eria.

LIAM HOLLISTER: We’re duelists now. That’s exciting.

JARED ROSS: Definltely. I hope my job title gets adjusted appropriately.

ERIA QUINT: Topic one. Fujin City in Centauri. The Pol family left the Xi’An Empire two months ago with the hopes of starting a new life in the UEE, only to find themselves the victims of increasingly vicious xenophobic hate-messages.

JARED ROSS: It’s pretty awful.

ERIA QUINT: Local authorities have been unable to find the culprits. Should the Advocacy get involved?

JARED ROSS: Yes. Absolutely.

LIAM HOLLISTER: I disagree. It’s sad and shameful, but we should trust local authorities to resolve the issue. From what I understand, it’s been mostly defacement and damage to their personal hover. It seems like a bunch of narrow-minded idiots, nothing that would justify getting the Advocacy involved.

JARED ROSS: Sure, the crimes don’t classically fall under the Advocacy’s jurisdiction, but this is bigger than that.

LIAM HOLLISTER: If the point is sending a message, I think the community’s reaction has been a much more powerful one. The remarkable turnout for anti-hate rallies shows the Pols that they are indeed welcome.

ERIA QUINT: Topic two. Senator Rachel Lester has been heading a subcommittee to look into the Senate’s outsourcing policy to private vendors, and it seems they’ve caught their first suspect in their dragnet. Trent Sebastian, a junior associate for Senator Octavia Beate of Ferron, was implicated in a payoff scheme to favorably position vendors for Senate contracts. Senator Beate immediately decried her former employee’s actions.

JARED ROSS: Of course she did.

LIAM HOLLISTER: Well, to be fair, the evidence didn’t implicate her.

JARED ROSS: You’re talking about a woman who has been tangentially related to various corruption and bribery schemes for years. The evidence always seems to implicate one of her aides or employees and never her. So, either I’m right and she’s not an idiot or you are and she has the worst luck hiring employees in the entire government.

LIAM HOLLISTER: I’m not saying she’s innocent, just that our system requires a burden of proof.

JARED ROSS: I understand, but it just seems like everyone has a tremendously short memory.

ERIA QUINT: Last topic. The Association of Cultural Arts announced their nominees this week …

LIAM HOLLISTER: Ah, moving on to the real news, I see.

ERIA QUINT: “Requiem Past” was completely shut out of award consideration due to a loophole regarding the release structure. The controversial vid about the First Tevarin War and its aftermath has been fiercely debated in the media for its bleak depiction of Humanity’s intentions and actions.

LIAM HOLLISTER: I’m glad the ACA took a stand. The last thing we need is for armchair historians to be presenting flagrantly inaccurate depictions of our history as fact. I think it’s irresponsible at best and incendiary at worst. Why validate it further than this debate already has?

JARED ROSS: I think they’re wrong. Technically, it’s incredibly well-made and I think that it’s calling into question our understanding of that era only highlights that maybe we aren’t as secure or confident in our moral standing as we thought. And I say that as someone who didn’t necessarily agree or enjoy the film.

ERIA QUINT: That will do it for this round of Quickfire. I’d like to thank both of our guests, Jared Ross and Liam Hollister. That’s our show for this week. Join us next time, our guests will discuss the volatile situation on Charon III and what, if anything, the UEE should do about it. My name is Eria Quint. This is Showdown!
TRANSCRIPT BREAK
Antworten