Vanguard

Antworten
Lunaray

Vanguard

Beitrag von Lunaray »

So es gibt was neues zur Vanguard. (Ist aus dem neuen Jump Point)

Bild

Bild

Bild

It has been a lot of fun working on the Vanguard interior for the past couple of weeks. As most of you know, the base model of the Vanguard (the Strike) has a life pod that can eject and essentially act as two-person escape pod. The idea behind this is that when you are using the Van-guard for deep space missions and you come under heavy attack, you use the life pod to escape. Instead of crawling into a small single-person escape pod, the Vanguard has an entire normal living quarters complete with a bathroom, kitchen, workstation, weapons rack, storage and two beds. The whole room ejects out of the ship and has very limit-ed maneuvering capabilities to keep you alive while you wait to be rescued. I wanted to treat it like a lifeboat if you were lost at sea. I have been taking a lot of design cues from the Retaliator interior since both ships are in the Aegis family. Nathan Dearsley did an amazing job on the Retaliator and it has basically become a 3D style guide for Aegis. It makes a huge difference being able to pull design aesthetics from the Retaliator and I feel like it is so much easier to keep the Vanguard in the same family with a similar feel while keeping the ship unique at the same time. I am really excited to nish up the interior and variants for the Vanguard and show you all the nished concept art soon. Up next for me is to work on the cockpit and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!Spotlight: Gurmukh Bhasin, Concept Artist, LA
Antworten